Thursday, September 26, 2013

Cherry cobbler protein bars

My brother blessed me with a bag of already pitted cherries and I had to figure out what to do with them expediently. I came up with this recipe up after getting comfortable with Jamie Eason's pumpkin protein bar recipe from bodybuilding.com.  I changed a lot of things to suit my liking and it turned out yummy!  I'm starting to get a hang of this gluten free baking thing!

Ingredients

1/4 cup truvia brand stevia (any sweetener you prefer)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 stick of melted butter 4 oz (or applesauce)
2 tsp cinnamon 
1 1/2 tsp crushed ginger
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
15 oz pitted cherries
2 cups oatmeal or oatmeal flour
2 scoops vanilla whey protein (I like nutrilite)
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or regular milk plus 2 tsp vanilla extract)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350
Grease a 9 X 13 Pyrex with lubricant of your choice (I use butter cause I'm not a fan of the unnatural cooking sprays.)
Combine first 10 ingredients and mix thoroughly. 
Add final 3 ingredients and mix well. 
Spread batter into baking dish. 
Bake for 30 minutes. 

#glutenfree #proteinbars


No comments: